The food from Tunisia is often based on olive oil, spices, tomatoes, fish, shellfish and meat. They use a lot of "hot" spices in the dinner, which we from Norway often associate with Christmas baking.
Tunisians make a lot of food in a tagine, but you can make it in a regular pot as well.
Spices such as harissa and ras el hanout can be found in Asian stores.
Recipes from Tunisia:
- Börek (banitsa) with lamb mince
- Hummus - easy and good
- Kyllingtagine med couscous
- Chicken tagine with tasty couscous
- North African roast chicken
- North African lamb thigh
- Preserved lemons
- Tagine - our favorite from the north coast of Africa
- Tagine with meatballs and tabouleh
- Tagine with chicken and coconut